This curated list only includes tutorials for Django 1.7 or higher that we have determined to be of acceptable quality for beginners. The tutorials listed are either available on the web or in current publication.
There are now so many published book tutorials available, we're listing them on our Current Django Books reference page. In our definition, a published book has an ISBN number.
- Real Python (1.8, Paid) - Advanced Web Development with Django is a practical, real-world guide to Django that teaches you how to become a software craftsman and equips you with the techniques necessary to create innovative products that are elegant and easy to maintain.
- Test-Driven Web Development with Python (1.7) sounds like its just about Python, when in fact it is a sophisticated Django tutorial that teaches backend-to-frontend test-driven development.
- Django Girls Tutorial (1.8, Free) was created for DjangoGirls events, this is the best beginner-friendly tutorial for Django.
- Taskbuster Django Tutorial (1.8, Free) is an epic end-to-end tutorial on building a Django project. Not a common tutorial it dives into the deep end and has you create a complex project.
- The Official Django 1.8 Tutorial (1.8, Free)
- Django Basics - Introducing Django 1.8 from the ground up, by Kenneth Love, one of the maintainers of the famous django-braces project. You'll look into the ORM, admin, migrations, and template system. A great way to get your feet wet with Django!
- Setting Up A Django Project (Real Python series)
- Coding for Entrepreneurs (Paid) - A series of project-based tutorials that help non-technical founders learn the basics of web development step-by-step using Python + Django 1.7, JQuery, Bootstrap, and more for $30/month. Includes video downloads, on-demand streaming, and source code reference files.
- Go Django (Paid) Buddy Lindsley's series of tutorials for Django 1.8, 1.7, 1.6 and 1.5.
If something is not listed, please submit it and we'll review the content of the tutorial for inclusion.
We reserve the right to not list a submission or to remove a current listing at any time for any reason.